Thoughtfully designed here in Austin, Texas. Ethically crafted in Kathmandu, Nepal.
We are obsessed with how wearable this garment is! Gorgeous as a midi length, high waisted skirt, or you can pull it up with the hidden straps and wear is as a super breezy knee-length dress! Hand loomed Nepalese cotton keeps you cool in the hottest Texas summer heat. Or layer it up with boots, sweater, and jacket for the coldest Himalayan winter.
Handmade by the amazing women of the Manushi cooperative in Kathmandu, first they handloom the cotton, then color that cotton with gentle dyes, and finally hand make each dress. For this dress, they make a special cotton traditionally called matka. We use this special fabric for this dress because of the gentle striations of texture in it. This special texture is achieved by weaving the matka with thread of varying widths.
100% hand woven cotton
100% natural plant dyes on most. The black color is achieved with an Azo free dye that's easier on the makers and planet than traditional dyes.
One size to fit many
Each piece will be slightly different & unique due to the special nature of the handmade process.
Thank you for supporting ethical & sustainable fashion!
Care Instructions for Naturally Dyed Clothing
- Hand wash in cold color with soft, PH neutral soap (some examples are ECOS, 7th Generation, Eucalan, & Woolite)
- If washing on the hand wash cycle of a machine, washing in a garment bag will help avoid snags
- Wash dark colors separately
- The colors of plant based dye will mellow over time, adding a whole new dimension to your wardrobe
- Do not bleach
- Hang or lay dry out of direct sunlight