Our own dress, thoughtfully designed in Austin, Texas. Ethically crafted in Kathmandu, Nepal.
We designed the Anu dress to take you from from the hottest Texas summer heat to the coldest Himalayan winter (with a little layering, of course). Handmade by the amazing women of the Manushi cooperative in Kathmandu, first they handloom the cotton, then color that cotton with all natural plant based dyes, and finally hand make each dress.
These beautifully airy dresses can be worn freely, or belted with the accompanying sash for a more formal look and hourglass shape. We can't help but think these are the perfect dresses for all seasons!
100% hand woven cotton
100% natural plant dyes
Each piece will be slightly different & unique due to the special nature of the handmade process.
Thank you for supporting ethical & sustainable fashion!
Care Instructions for Naturally Dyed Clothing
- Hand wash in cold color with soft, PH neutral soap (some examples are ECOS, 7th Generation, Eucalan, & Woolite)
- If washing on the hand wash cycle of a machine, washing in a garment bag will help avoid snags
- Wash dark colors separately
- The colors of plant based dye will mellow over time, adding a whole new dimension to your wardrobe
- Do not bleach
- Hang or lay dry out of direct sunlight